Saturday, September 17, 2011

this saturday sucks

today was gonna be the day I laid everything else aside, unload all the new bag leather we picked up in Wichita Falls and get a bunch of "dayworkers" cut out....right after I slept in till 0730...but thunder rumbled me outta bed. it was for good purpose, Mirage was laying down, with her blankey on, in the mud and she was soaked. tears pushed the sleep from my eyes, and the thunder was echoing my anger, I swore this old mare would never suffer again. finally got her up, into the breezeway, it was a heart punch. I know she forced herself to walk was because she knows I am trying to help, well me and boy cat. got her meds fixed up, by the time I made it back to the barn she was laying down again, boy cat still sniffing her feet....shes hungry- good thing. 72 minutes later, me and boy cat got it down her. got to listen as the parade engines and marching bands line up to celebrate this little KS town festival, how dare they parade in front of smiling, happy people, its not a happy day. a happy day would be a day of rain after all our drought and Mirage running and kicking up her ravaged, fragile feet....again....

No comments:

Post a Comment